Sunday, March 13, 2011

Flat White, Proud Mary, Broadsheet, MFWF

See below for extremely long caption.
From left to right:
1. Pain au chocolat. Or "chocolate croissant" if you don't know how to pronounce "au".
2. There was a guy walking around dishing out free tastes of the pourover. This was Colombian Something.
3. Well, I didn't get one of the blue cups. I ordered a flat white "to have here", I thought that would do it, but I guess not. Who do you have to root to get your coffee served in a blue cup?

Having said that, Proud Mary have been my favourite. It may be a little premature to say that now, on the second-to-last day of MFWF, but hey, for Market Lane to take out pole position tomorrow they would have to have Creedence playing live.

So, I should really go to Proud Mary more often. Why did I stop going there? Oh, right. I think I remember now. The funniest complaint I've ever said to a waiter was at Proud Mary.

"Excuse me, I think this record is playing at the wrong speed."

It was Lullaby by The Cure. If you've heard that song even once in your life, you'd be able to tell straight away if it's not at the right speed. So if this guy's never heard Lullaby before, why is he putting it on?


But that's not a good enough reason to not go to Proud Mary. It must be the location. If I'm driving, it can be a nightmare to park near. If I'm walking or biking, it's at the bottom of a pretty nasty hill. What can I say. I'm not into hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment