Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Flat White, Campos, Carlton

Campos always manage to get the pour to look just like their logo. Or vice versa.
I wish I'd heard earlier about this Campos opening in Carlton. As you may remember, I had a sparkling long black at the Campos in Brisbane last year, and was a big fan. They do them here too. Mind you, there were only a handful or two of hot days this summer. Still, it's good to have Campos in the area. This might be controversial, but it's better than most of the coffee in Carlton. It's also conveniently located directly across the road from the Music Swop Shop. So next time you need to go and have a coffee and think for a few minutes about whether you should buy that MPC-3000 in the window, or how much longer they're going to keep dropping the price on that '64 Fender Jazz before somebody buys if before you, or if you turn up at 11.00am but the sign on the door clearly says they open at 11.07am and you need to kill seven minutes, this is a good place to do it.

1 comment:

  1. I fortunately live across the road from Campos (Carlton) and prefer it instead of Seven Seeds and kerekere. However, I'm a closet-Campos fan due to the fact that they're from NSW and most of my friends will only drink Seven Seeds and/or kerekere. Plus, the Campos clientele and music is rather lame.

    Many thanks for all of your posts so far. I intend to use your blog as a guide to coffee for my upcoming trip to Europe.

    ReplyDelete