Monday, June 28, 2010

A hard earned blog needs a big cold blog: filter, home

This is my end-of-the-day wind-down blog, to recuperate from a hard day's blogging. More specifically, I'm undertaking a pretty extensive rescue operation on my dayblog, and it's taking its toll.

dayblog. n. 1. The blog you write at your dayjob.

It's been written over the last six years, on four computers and three operating systems. Myspace is famously non-supportive of batch-exporting. All things considered, I'm now faced with a barely-navigable Myspace blog, and a whole forest of trees of badly-named directories full of an assortment of similarly-yet-nonsensibly-named files with extensions of .doc, .odf, .odt, .txt, .rtf, .html, and some other mysterious ones with no extensions that seem to be executable. So it's annoying. I'm moving it all to big shiny open source futureproof WPL-friendly importable/exportable wonderplatform WordPress, and by the time I'm done, the keys required to copy and paste will be worn out on my laptop.

I guess all you can learn from this is if the year is 2003 and you plan on starting a blog, think about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment