Sunday, December 6, 2009

Espresso, Ninth Street Espresso, New York

Ninth Street have a few stores, all scattered about either end of 9th St, as you may have expected. I froze my ass off walking all the way to the farthest one, trying to walk a rough equilateral triangle before I had to go to the airport. Shuffle chose Justin Timberlake's second album. I agreed that it was a good choice.


As I reached into my pocket to pay for my espresso, I managed to stab myself under the thumbnail with a staple. My second pocket-rummaging-related injury this week. The guy in the DMC glasses who served me also gave me a Band-Aid. That's above and beyond the call of duty.

Brilliant. I really wanted to buy some beans or some cups or a pair of scales, but my luggage was already annoyed at me. I didn't want to push it.

That concludes my half-a-day of espresso in NYC. I wasn't there for long enough, but I'm glad I spent the whole time as caffeinated as I was. Andy also recommended I check out a place called Abrazo, but when I asked Google Maps it tried to direct me to Abruzzi in Italy. That's a long walk from the East Village.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! You should also checkout http://www.wholebeancoffee.org/

    ReplyDelete