Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ristretto, Caffé Artigiano, Vancouver

Caffé Artigiano has a lot going for it:
- Every winner of the Canadian Barista Championship, since the competition began in 2003, has been from Caffé Artigiano.
- They have a rather intimidating five-group LM machine:

- They are big on non-espresso business too, with french press and (from memory) a pourover of the day (I think - let me know if I'm wrong about that).
- They have this sign:

Well, there was no need to take advantage of their generous returns policy. This ristretto was amazing. It even prompted me to use the #godshot hashtag on Twitter.

I'm not sure if it really qualifies as a godshot, but this is one of the few times my whole flock of tastebuds stood up and said, "Dude, what the hell was that?!" I wish I could remember more, but, er, I'm writing this nearly a month later so it's a bit hard to remember the taste.

1 comment: