Friday, November 6, 2009

Another Flat White, Proud Mary, Collingwood

Interestingly, the menu here includes a lot of beverages that serious third-Google-wave-of-summer coffee places often shy away from. There's a white hot chocolate. There's two ways to order a mocha - I saw them constructing one of the more elaborate ones while I was here. It's interesting. This seems to be one of those serious coffee places that will attract even non-coffee drinkers, and at least they'll be able to order something too. It kind of makes me want to see how they tackle a hot chocolate, I'm sure it would be distinctive. But that would mean I wouldn't be ordering coffee, and, in the immortal words of Anthony Kiedis in Point Break, that would be a waste of time.

Another décor note: this place also ticks the two-turntables-and-a-microphone(and a mixer) box. The walls are also adorned with the three patron saints of pawn shop consumer-grade hi-fi speakers: Sansui, Technics and Kenwood. I like to think this can only mean one thing: everybody hangs out here and listens to Creedence after work.

1 comment:

  1. I believe the quote is: "That would be, like, a waste of time, man". But I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete