Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Treehugging Happens: Espresso, Tre Bicchieri, Carlton North

Something a little embarrassing happened yesterday while I was riding my bike along Merri Creek. I caught somebody doing something. They were doing it out in the open. They were not expecting to get caught. They thought nobody was watching. They were alone. That's right, if you've joined the dots correctly, you'll have guessed that when I came around the corner, I saw a girl hugging a tree. Really. I didn't realise people really did that. Sure, some of us go around calling hippies treehuggers, but I never thought that people actually did it. She saw me coming, looked a little embarrassed, started walking away from the tree, and gave me a bit of a scowl as if to say that I interrupted a beautiful moment between her and the tree, and I should have known better than to ride past. I didn't have my camera on me at the time, but I went back the next day. I'm pretty sure it was this one:
Just in case anyone wants to get their hug on after seeing that photo, it's on the Merri Creek trail somewhere between Rushall Station and Dight Falls, roughly where you can see the flats on Heidelberg Rd.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to See. I will come back again.
    Keep it up.
    Enjoy
    Roller Babies International Version
    Ravindra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright! SPAM! It's been a while. I've missed it, I think.

    ReplyDelete