Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Flat White, Briscola Espresso, Carlton

If you go to Briscola, take note of the fire door between the room with the counter and the room with the tables. Yikes. I wonder if they ever shut it? It's the biggest thing in there. It's hard to appreciate without seeing it, but I couldn't stand back far enough to take a photo of the whole thing. I did, however, take note of the Hugh Masekela poster. I wish I could have been there for that photo shoot.

"Okay Hugh, that's great."
Click.
"Look like you're really playing trumpet. Nice."
Click.
"Okay that's really convincing, try to look happier though."
Click.
"That's not quite there. Can you, erm, smile while still playing the trumpet?"
Click.


"Perfect!"

3 comments:

  1. When we went and saw him last weekend they had more similar posters, where he had the exact same pose...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the little spread-legged statue right behind his head. Good composition imo

    ReplyDelete