Monday, September 7, 2009

You Got You Got You Got What I Need: Soy Flat White, home

Based on the success of my 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 post (you wouldn't believe how many people are finding this blog googling that -- though they're probably just looking for a link to the video) I thought it was worth writing something about that other ad currently doing the rounds on TV that involves rollerskating and a catchy little-known song.

If you're wondering what exactly is the "you got you got you got what I need" song from the Cadbury Boost ad, it's Only You by Teddy Pendergrass. Cue the guy with a video camera and a record player and a YouTube account:



I'd never actually heard the song before, but after seeing the ad I thought it was reasonable to assume it was Teddy Pendergrass based on what I learned from Eddie Murphy:


EDIT: Trying to find this song on iTunes only leads to confusion. None of the versions on there are in the same key as the song on the ad. But that YouTube video of the record with Teddy Pendergrass written on it sounds like it's the one. But I can't find that version on iTunes.

ANOTHER EDIT: It seems like Teddy re-recorded the song down a fourth at some point. Unfortunately, that version isn't nearly as much fun. Even more unfortunately, the original isn't on iTunes. Grr.

No comments:

Post a Comment