Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Strong Latte, Kent St, Fitzroy

I've been here a lot, but it's the first time I've been upsold to a strongy. There's no reason to have a strongy here, it's usually strong enough, but it still sounded like a good idea. I hadn't had coffee all day. Since that one this morning.

It was mighty strong. We had to switch to beer for the rest of the afternoon.

Bluebird, about a week ago, was my first coffee in Collingwood since the blog started. It's surprising, considering how often I come to Kent St, situated on the very brink of the Fitzroy/Collingwood demilitarised zone (aka the tram tracks in the middle of Smith St). I usually park my car in Collingwood but get coffee in Fitzroy.

Further to all the Thermos™ talk this morning, Yuri said the book about the Apollo 13 is worth a read. The cryo tanks they used were like extreme, NASA-strength vacuum flasks. If you put frozen water in there, it would take 8 years to melt back to water. Nice. That's what I've gotta store my coffee water in. I'd better keep an eye out on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment