Saturday, September 5, 2009

Long Mac, Tre Bicchieri, Carlton North

Off to the footy. Walking to the MCG. From here. The only sane choice in today's weekend footy traffic climate.

Coffeeing up before you get to the ground is another sane choice. The queues at half time were unbelievable. I should have taken photos, but my hands were full of various cups of tea and buckets of chips.

I spent most of the last corner flogging the dead horse that is the cat-vs-dog puns that seem to present themselves at a Cats vs Bulldogs game:
"Well, they're barking up the right tree now."
"The Cat's not quite in the bag yet."
"He's playing like an absolute dog today."
"It's a delicate game of cat and dog."
But unfortunately I forgot a few obvious ones, that LLL pointed out later:
"I guess we now know The Truth About Cats and Dogs."
"It's raining cats and dogs."

No comments:

Post a Comment