Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Flat White, La Cafe, St Kilda East


I heard somebody call this place "L.A. Cafe" the other day. I always call it "la cafe", which I assume roughly means, "the cafe". It's hard to know who's right when they write the whole thing in capital letters, but I think it has more to do with "the" than it does Los Angeles. Either way, it's a great place to experience the wonders of Israeli cuisine. Take a displaced people who've been in Europe for a while. Move them to the Middle East. The result is schnitzel with hommus. For best results, roll it up in some sort of flatbread with diced tomato and cucumber (a.k.a Israeli salad, but I think it's pretty funny how many other countries have claimed the same ingredients as their national salad) and some chips and you have pretty much what I had for lunch.
The last sentence was a little ambiguous. Were the chips on the inside or the outside of the bread? For clarification: they were on the inside. Chips inside anything is always greater than chips on the outside of the same thing.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm I love 'la' cafe. Good place, nice people. Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete