Friday, September 11, 2009

Espresso, St Elmo, Byron Bay

This place sure doesn't feel like it's in Byron Bay. It's more like someone peeled off a section of St Kilda and dipped it in Sydney. They use Seven Seeds coffee too, so a bit of Carlton must have found its way in there too.


I think any coffee can be improved by being ground to order rather than sitting around in the doser for an indeterminate amount of time. I didn't hear no grinder. But it's not a thumbs down. Just a raised eyebrow. It was good, but I get the feeling it could be better.

It sure is Byron Bay outside. I walked past Frances O'Connor Real Estate (nothing to do with the actress, I assume), and then a rickshaw came around the corner, laden with three dudes yelling "WOOOO!" one of whom was playing a djembe. Really. A djembe on a rickshaw. I couldn't make this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment