Thursday, September 17, 2009

Espresso, Pelican, St Kilda

Il Fornaio were closed. REALLY closed. It looks like they don't do dinner-like stuff at all now. It's a shame. It was good.
Late-ish night coffee is getting thinner on the ground up this end of Fitzroy St. But the other side of the road looked a lot more promising.
Do Barney Allen's have a coffee machine? I'm not sure. I didn't find out though, I figured Pelican would still be coffeeing, and may be a slightly safer bet. Besides, Barney Allen sounds more like some sort of banana-flavoured ice cream on a stick.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Pelican seemed pretty happy to assign me a seat for the purposes of one coffee only.
I didn't want to hang around too long. Most of the clientele looked like they were about one drink away from transforming from after-work-drinks man to late-night-regrettably-fighty man.

No comments:

Post a Comment