Sunday, September 13, 2009

Caffé Luddite: Latte, home

I've removed Facebook from my iPhone.
Twitter is the next step.
This is part of Operation Return to Normal Life.

Remember what life was like before technology took hold?
Remember walking outside without instantly checking your email or your news feed?
Remember the days before advertising started asking questions like, "How are you going to buy a pint in London if your EFTPOS card doesn't work?"
Haven't they heard of this thing called "cash"?

Well, I don't have a problem with Facebook (other than the constant stream of quiz/mafia/event bullshit) or Twitter (other than the constant mention-based-demographic-trawling and "social media experts" peddling their bullshit) or blogging (other than the weird link exchange requests - please don't send me those, the whole point is that I'm linking to blogs that I actually read) but I'm pretty sure I don't need access to them 24 hours a day.

The twelve hours that my computer is turned on should be plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment