Friday, August 7, 2009

Short Macchiato, Pelican, St Kilda

I ordered the honeycomb ice cream for dessert, and we were all intrigued when that comically long spoon came out. What sort of vessel was the ice cream going to be served in, that required such a long spoon?


Apologies for the terrible lighting in the photo, but it kind of represents what I could see at the time, still recovering from copping in the left eye some lemon juice that was intended for the calamari.

As for the coffee, it had a taste about it. I'm not quite sure what it was. It's not a bad thing, just a characteristic of some espressi I've had in the past, and I don't yet know what causes it. Migo and Quists both tasted like this. I'm going to call it The Pelican Effect for now. At some point on my coffee journey I'll find out what causes it. When I do, I'll tag that post with thepelicaneffect. That is assuming that the blog is still going at that stage. But let's assume it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment