Thursday, August 13, 2009

Latte, home

I thought at first that those extra few sheets of paper in the envelope might have been literature about the coffee I was about to receive, but no. It was just a friendly hello from the fine folks at Customs. One leaflet informed me that my package had been opened, and the other reminded me of Things I Can't Have Sent To Me. But receiving these along with the coffee is a lot better a scenario than my delivery being the subject of an episode of Border Security.

These beans are:
Spec.
Tac.
U.
Lar.
Oh hell yeah. I hard a hard time yesterday getting them to sit as an espresso. But that acidity is right at home in a latte, I just want to make another one when I get to the end of the glass. This is going to be a fun week.
It always gets me down when I waste such a huge proportion of a bag of coffee just getting the grind right. But that's another benefit of Square Mile's 350g bags: that initial experimentation takes up a much smaller proportion of the bag and you are left with a lot more to just enjoy.
And enjoy it I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment