Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Importing, human synth: Latte, home

An interesting point was raised on Twitter yesterday afternoon:

It was closely followed by a, "sorry I hope I didn't come across rude".

These are all good points:
  1. It's always challenging to not sound rude when you're limited to 140 bytes.
  2. Why would I order coffee from overseas? There's plenty to be had here.
  3. Backyard? Stop looking over my fence! How did you know I've been kidnapping all the local coffee roasters, and that they are now awaiting transportation to my underground lair to aid in the construction of the Doomsday Brewing Device?!
Seriously though, I like what Square Mile are doing, and their international shipping rates are surprisingly affordable, so it's win-win really. They'll send me something every month for the next six months, but I'm sure I'll get through that 350g reasonably quickly. I'll still be supporting local roasters. Speaking of which: I just polished off that bag of Seven Seeds Espresso this morning. It was magnificent. I'm sure I'll be back for more.

In other news, Calvin Harris turned sixteen girls into a synthesizer. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment