Thursday, August 13, 2009

Espresso, Midali, St Kilda East

There is absolutely no reason why I needed another coffee. But I was only a few blocks away, so it would have seemed a crime to not get something from Carlisle St. I'm not in that 'hood too often anymore -- not like when this blog started, and I could walk here in ten minutes -- so I've gotta take advantage when I'm this close. Nothing against Wall or Batch or Chicas or Gattica...but Midali really have the coffee thing goin' on pretty seriously


That mirror on the other side of the coffee machine has a habit of optical-illusioning itself into looking like a window into the shop next door. Until, that is, I realised that it actually is a window. A window that looks like a mirror that looks like a window.

And it dawned on me: every time I've been here has been in a probably-don't-need-more-coffee state. It is logistically difficult to get here without encountering any other coffee; there's just so much of it, and it's a long way from the northside. That could explain why I've never noticed the mirror/window thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment