Thursday, June 25, 2009

Triple J Will Tear Us Apart: Espresso, home

I'm voting on the Hottest 100 of All Time on the Triple J website, even though I think the contest is a bit of a sham.
The main problem I have is that this same countdown used to be called the Hottest 100. It had the same "of all time" parameters, but then they changed it to "hottest 100 of the last twelve months" because they were sick of Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart winning every year.
I think Love Will Tear Us Apart is a good song, maybe even a great song (it's fun to listen to when you notice that the melody and the bassline and the chords are all the same), but certainly not the hottest of all time. But I'm still voting for it. As a protest, or something. It would be a pisser if it won again.

1 comment:

  1. I hate that song, it annoys me even more that everyone else likes it.

    erg

    ReplyDelete