Friday, June 26, 2009

Jackson, Goldblum, Fawcett, Wilkins: Espresso, home

The first thing I need to make clear is YES, I'M SORRY, I WATCHED TODAY THIS MORNING. I decided I couldn't trust Twitter as a reliable news source regarding the death of Michael Jackson, so I (regrettably) turned on the television. Sure enough, there was Karl and Lisa and Richard Wilkins talking about the same. They didn't have a lot to say, but they sure ate up a lot of screen time saying it. Kerri-Ann also seemed to get the arse, with the MJ news being more important. Note: the next few lines are a parody.

KARL: Wow, he did Thriller, didn't he?
LISA: Yes Karl, he really did. Millions of people all over the world might be thinking exactly that right now.

Groundbreaking stuff. But then, a number of odd things happened:
  1. Richard Wilkins also announced the death of Jeff Goldblum. I said, “Oh I hope this isn't some stupid Twitter rumour that is being treated like real news.”
  2. They played a reel of Michael Jackson career/controversy highlights, narrated by Richard Wilkins. Oddly, it ended with the phrase, “...and we can't wait to see what he does next.” They obviously put this together months ago.
Let's cover number two first. They obviously put that reel together months ago. It could have been useful to play if any non-fatal MJ news came to light, but it was just a bit weird this morning. Karl and Lisa didn't miss a beat when we returned to them in the studio though.

And on to number one. I was right. Here's what Kevin Spacey had to say about it:

Jeff Goldblum is alive and well. I just spoke to his manager. Stop these stupid rumors.

That's unrefutable. If I died, my manager would be the first to know.

1 comment:

  1. I also watched the Today show this morning. I stopped watching at 11 o'clock...God knows what time it finished. There is only so many times you can watch the same tribute story and the same panning shots of a crowded hospital.

    ReplyDelete