Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Flat White, Seven Seeds, Carlton

Finally, I visit Seven Seeds. As I said a few days ago, the buzz has been building about this place both in the blogosphere, the cafesphere, and in real life. A whole lot of people were excited about this place opening. Surely it's a good sign that I recognised so many faces from other cafes around town amongst both patrons and staff.
What's not to love about this place? The coffee plants, the roasting out the back, the sardine toasted sandwich, the really heavy dub they were listening to, and of course the indoor bike rack. That top row looks a little impractical though:
And the coffee, which is why we're all here, is spectacular. Add this to your must-visit list. In short, it's Brother Baba Budan with more room. And a greenhouse. And a laboratory of some sort. Beans seem to be constantly on the roast, and being tested and tasted. The 250g of Panama Santa Teresa Honey I bought was so freshly roasted that I could feel the heat of the beans through the bag.
And here's the flat white:
They have a Clover too. I should try one of those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment