Saturday, April 11, 2009

Soy Latte, North Island, Fitzroy North

We picked up some hot cross buns from Dench, a few doors down. I would have tried a coffee from there too, but it would have taken too long. The place was packed with people who had seen that Dench had come out as the winner in Epicure's surprisingly bitchy hot cross bun taste test on Tuesday.
We unfortunately incinerated the first two, but the rest were magnificent. It was like a party in my mouth, and everyone turned up with a bag of raisins or some other sort of dried fruit. Amazing.
And North Island are friends of Bonsoy too. Good to know. I should compile a list of Cafes I Recommend Soy Drinkers Go To.
Accompanying this list should also be a Soy Haters list. Marios is one of them. I don't think it's a big deal: if you want to drink soy, just go somewhere else. They're not being racist. They just don't have soy. There's no reason why they have to. But I'm sure a list would be useful.

1 comment:

  1. yes!!! please do compile a list!! if its not bonsoy its just not right!!

    cant wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete