Sunday, April 12, 2009

Soy Latte, home

Okay. I just had my first Twitter freakout moment. You have to be more careful what you say than you might think.
Yesterday I kind of dissed a certain Germany-based reggae band. I may have used the word "shite" in connection with their second album. They are now following me on Twitter.
Hopefully they have some bot running that automatically follows dudes who mention them.
If not, this is very weird. Like giving someone shit when they are not around, and then realising after five minutes that they are actually well within earshot.
And they've hired a stenographer.

Yeah. It's weird. Remember the first time you recognised someone in public because you saw them in the top eight on The Bamboos Myspace? Remember the first time you changed your Favourite Movies a few times in one day on Facebook, and then realised each change comes up separately in your friends's newsfeeds, and it made you think everyone must think you are a narcissist? I put this in the same category. On Myspace you know people you don't know, and on Facebook everyone sees your every move. And Twitter? It seems to be a combination of the two: someone you don't know starts watching your every move when you mention them.
Yikes.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I must say I probably know the feeling for all of the above. Did you end up seeing the "German-based reggae band?"

    ReplyDelete