Saturday, April 18, 2009

Latte, Atomica, Fitzroy

The coffee was magic, as usual. But I'm a little worried about the breakfast, and what I hesitate to call the "care factor". If somebody leaves most of the corncakes uneaten on the plate, I see that as a sign that something ain't right in the kitchen, and I would hope the waiter that collects the plate would at least notice and ask, "How was everything?" But we got none of that. For the record, corncakes are a lot less fun if they're cooked on the outside and still batter on the inside. The smoked salmon was added as a side, too. It would be a boring-ass meal without it. The french toast was spectacular though.

With that out of the way, let's move on to communal table politics. We got on the communal table, choosing the two stools on the two edges adjacent to one corner of the table. Another couple came and sat next to me, and without even realising, I tried to shift away from them slightly. Not because I could smell their BO, and not because they needed more room, just because it felt like separating us from them slightly was the right thing to do.
But with the stools fixed to the ground, there's nowhere to go! So I turned away from them slightly. Am I antisocial, or just not the kind of person the communal table is aimed at?

2 comments:

  1. Both, I would say. And there's nothing wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see a problem with it :S.

    I personally hate communal tables... but whatever floats your boat.

    ReplyDelete