Friday, March 27, 2009

Latte, home

We watched The Big Chill yesterday.  It was a recommendation from my mum.  She was right about Neil Young's Harvest, I figured she would be right about this too.  A few things confused me:
  • Tom Berenger has a moustache.  Other than that, he and Kevin Kline are exactly identical.  It gets confusing.
  • Kevin Kline's accent is not his own.
  • I was expecting, for some reason, a flashback at some point.  It turns out Kevin Costner was cast in the role of the dead guy (whose funeral the rest of the cast are attending, and that's what the movie's about, in case you need some more background) but all of his scenes were edited out.  Sadly, the same can't be said for the rest of his movies.
  • Glenn Close pimping out her husband to her best friend.  Wtf?
  • Glenn Close IN GENERAL.
Seriously.  She got nominated for an Oscar for this?  I don't get it.  As my mum said, "she just seemed to be acting like she was everyone's mum for most of it."
Leonard Maltin said something like, "brilliant soundtrack makes up for total lack of plot."  What worries me is that next time I hear Ain't Too Proud to Beg, it's going to remind me of Jeff Goldblum and Glenn Close dancing around the kitchen in the 80s.  When Bad Moon Rising came on, I yelled out loud at the TV, "Oh God no, don't wreck Creedence for me as well!"

No comments:

Post a Comment