Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Espresso, home

Hmm. This morning I had a case of too-many-grounds-in-the-portafilter syndrome. That's not a euphemism. That's exactly what happened. The handle barely fitted back onto the machine, and as I struggled to keep the machine from moving across the bench as I tightened the handle I thought, "That'll be enough."
It wasn't quite enough. A bit of water leaked out around the filter into the cup, but it didn't seem to affect the pressure too much and the shot came out okay, if a little watered-down.
Not a disaster. Besides, I couldn't tip this one down the sink and start again: I've run out of beans: I'd have to go get some more: I'd have to have a shower. So I drank it instead. It was still drinkable, even with the leaky-grouphead syndrome symptoms.
Not a euphemism.
Well, I saw the funniest thing I've ever seen on Dr Katz last night. I was hoping somebody had posted it on YouTube. They haven't. I might have to upload it myself. But in the meantime, I found the second-funniest thing I've ever seen on Dr Katz. Dave Chappelle, on superheroes:

No comments:

Post a Comment