Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Espresso, Potter, University of Melbourne

This was very good. On hot windy days like this I often think, "Yeah what the hell I'd better have another espresso." I picked it up on the way in to Rod Laver Arena to watch Nadal wipe every square inch of the court with Rochus's sorry unseeded ass. It was still a good match, ass-court-wiping aside. Not embarrassingly one-sided at all. I would recommend that anyone heading to the tennis make sure they get some coffee before they get there. The tennis coffee seems problematic, starting with the draconian1 pricing:

Latte $4.00
Espresso $4.00

Woah! Furthermore, the old guy in front of me at the beverage queue stood in line for ten minutes only to be told he was in the wrong queue if he wanted to order coffee. I could tell even without seeing his face that he was glowering with rage. He turned around and, sure enough, glowered. I looked at him as if to say, "I know what you're going through; queue up, be punished for being in the wrong queue, queue up again, get charged a fortune, and - listen to the sound of all those milk-related crimes being committed by the steam wand - still walk away with shite coffee. Glower away!"

1. Poor old Draco. He still gets a bad rap, doesn't he. I guess we can all learn a lesson from this: 2600 years from now people might use you as an adjective, and your deeds today determine whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment