Monday, December 15, 2008

Espresso, Victoria Lounge, Richmond

1. First Pour
2. 7 Grams
3. Liar Liar
4. Atomica
5. Brother Baba Budan

That's the top five coffees list that was published, er, somewhere last week or the week before. First Pour and 7 Grams. Both in the greater Richmond area. Hmm. I've never checked out either of them. I had better get to work.
Actually, I tried to find First Pour today. I remembered glancing at the address last week and thinking, "Bond St. I'm sure I'll remember that name. Yeah, I'll find it."
That's hardly a foolproof address-remembering method. Today I found myself driving past more and more street names, each as familiar-sounding as the last. So I wound up at Victoria Lounge instead, but that is by no means a bad thing.
The guy next to me peered over at my short black when it came out (in the news: Brother Baba Budan were caught using the term "espresso" - I think it's now safe to say it can be used interchangeably with "short black") and seemed to look at it for longer than was necessary. I stared out of the corner of my eye at his pile of invoices and realised he was the Vittoria guy, coming to deliver some beans, or packets of sugar, or takeaway cups, or something. It's good to see he seems to care how the final product turns out. I'm sure he was impressed today. Crema of the Gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment