Monday, December 8, 2008

Espresso, Midali, St Kilda East

Before I left the area, I just had to try Midali. The place just looks so red and Italian and inviting. The blown-up black and white photo of a vaguely Italian-looking girl usually indicates that you are in the vicinity of quality espresso, too. I feel such a traitor: this place is directly across the road from Batch. But I figured I had to try it once.
It's very good. I'm not sure what all that spluttery stuff indicates. I don't see that often. But it tasted right on the money.
Okay, I'm off on holidays until Friday. I'm taking the coffee machine with me. I'm not sure if that is obsessive, or just using initiative.

2 comments:

  1. Hi mate...thanks for dropping by. The splattering is from the naked portafilter basket...it makes a bit of a mess, but the shots are good and it's fun.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the shots sure are good! Thanks for dropping in here too.

    ReplyDelete