Thursday, November 27, 2008

Latte, Jasper, Fitzroy

It was Training Day at Alimentari. I think that French tagline in the image above roughly translates to "when only fools would order a latte". When I walked in I noticed that some of the staff were being taken through the method and apparatus of making a meatball wrap. Let's hope toasting the completed wrap doesn't constitute "simultaneous heating of a bread component and the sandwich filling"; they might get sued by McDonald's. My spidey senses were tingling. I figured it wasn't the best day to get a takeaway latte from Alimentari. As I waited for my wrap to come out (it took a while because they seemed to process each order in series rather than get five wraps on the grill, five plates ready, etc. I guess that's a sign that they're not infringing any copyright) I noticed everyone else's coffees were coming out. They looked amazing. Oh well, it's better to exercise caution, especially when I know Jasper is only a few doors down.

No comments:

Post a Comment