Sunday, November 30, 2008

Instant, Queenscliff Music Festival

Damn. The artists area had a plunger and a jar of ground something yesterday afternoon. But this morning it's just a jar of Blend 43. Hmm. If I'd been organising the hot beverage area I probably would have saved the good shit for the morning, when people need it most. But it was to be only instant. I needed something to cut through the bacon and eggs, and to motivate me to get out there and find more coffee. One scoop, a bit of milk and about two centimetres of hot water first, then lots of stirring, then finally water it down and add a bit more milk to taste. I've heard that up to ten minutes of stirring makes instant coffee a hell of a lot better. I'm not sure if it was worth all the effort. It tasted okay, but it didn't taste like coffee.
Instant coffee stirring times could make an interesting mythbust on the blog later in the week. Hmm.. I'll have to remember that.
Also, I have to point out the interesting choice of breakfast availablity time: 8:30am to 10:00am. On a Sunday morning. How many musicians are going to get up that early? Maybe they chose that time for a reason: based on that kitchen's theoretical eggs and bacon throughput limit, they couldn't serve the amount of musicians who would turn up at, say midday.

No comments:

Post a Comment