Friday, November 28, 2008

Espresso, Kamel, Albert Park


I just realised amid the traffic this evening that Richie 1250 is the closest thing I have to somebody on the radio that I actually want to hear. He plays rad rad rad stuff from all over the musical spectrum every Friday on PBS 106.7 from 5pm until 7pm. It's one of those shows on PBS where every time you tune in you hear something rad, and it gets backannounced, and you think to yourself, "I really should remember that," but you seldom do. Well, the playlist history on the PBS website ensures that you will once again hear 21st Creation's Tailgate from 1976; a cautionary tale about "dirty lowriders" trying to "slip up from the rear" and "tailgate another man's woman" on the "highway of love".

It's worth hearing the whole thing just for the lyrics ("woman can I tow you home" - even Prince wouldn't go near that with a ten-foot euphemism pole) and the decent slab of instrumental discosex from 2:54 onwards.

1 comment:

  1. 'the highway of love, can be a dangerous road to travel, baby yeah, rob a man of many a year...'

    watch out!

    thanks for putting this one back in my head. gets me a jigglin' every time...

    ReplyDelete