Monday, November 24, 2008

Espresso, Elizabeth St Espresso, City

"How was your coffee today guys?"
I love it when they ask.
But I'm usually too stunned to be able to come up with a good answer.
It was damn good today, and I'm glad. I haven't been here for at least five years; it's good to see they're still serving it up like they should. This cafe is where I learnt, way back in early 2000, that some people actually get the milk to such a temperature that you can drink it straight away - I can remember thinking, "Wow, I can start drinking this now. I bet I could finish it before I cross Flinders St if I really wanted to...why doesn't everyone do it like this?"
Why indeed. Little did I know that eight years later I'd start a blog asking that very question three times a day.

1 comment:

  1. i love elizabeth st coffee. my fav in melbourne. good barristas.

    ReplyDelete