Sunday, November 23, 2008

Double Macchiato, Ismael, Tunbridge Wells

If you ever happen to be in Tunbridge Wells, this is where you want to go for your coffee. If you're coming from the train station, head up the hill and you'll get to it before the Chain of Chains (Costa, Nero, Starbucks and even Muffin Break are within about 20 metres of each other).

Don't be put off by the fact that Ismael is located within an outdoor clothing and camping shop. It is easily the best coffee in town. Incidentally, it's also the best tea and hot chocolate. If you drink macchiato, as I do, it's not on the menu, but they'll make it anyway. And they'll even ask you to say "when" with your milk and froth.

They roast their own beans, and these you can buy. And they sell all the harder to find ones, including Hawaiian Kona. Last time I had to buy beans, after asking me what I use to make my coffee at home, one of the excellent baristas asked me at what time of day I drink it, before recommending a variety. That's a cafe that cares about coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Out of interest, how much money would you say you spend on coffee per week?
    I think that should definitely be included in the survey!

    ReplyDelete