Thursday, August 21, 2008

Long Black, home

Christ. I was waaay sick last night. The kind of double-ended sickfest I haven't been a part of since the whole band got the same thing in one night in Cuba. Yuck. I've thought about it, and there are two things that might have caused it: the Stella or the Hungry Jack's.

I only had one Stella Artois last night. I usually have a staunch No Stella Ever policy, but I figured it wouldn't be much of a problem.

The Hungry Jacks is scarier though.  It's going to be hard to go back there after this.  Oh, one of the other guys in the band had the same results when he got home.  Gross.  That Hungry Jacks always temptingly sits there across the road every time we rehearse, and occasionally I cave in and run over there for a bite.  "What's the worst thing that could happen?" I often ask myself as I walk in.

I think I answered that question.  In volumes.

So only one coffee today.  Mainly because I wanted to figure out if the headache was from lack of caffeine, or from overexhaustion due to excessive vomiting.  Euww.  I think I pulled a muscle in my tongue, or something.

4 comments:

  1. May i ask, why the No Stella Ever policy?



    For the record, my name's Stella, and my dad's Belgian.


    But seriously, is there something wrong with Stella Artois?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just remembered, there's the 1st part of a 3 part doco on SBS tonight called Black Coffee. About the history of coffee.

    Just thought id let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My extensive testing has shown that Stella is not good for me.
    It seems to give me a hideous hangover, no matter how little I drink.
    They call it 'wife beater' in the UK, presumably because it has no sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im sorry to hear it.

    stella (the person, not the beer)

    ReplyDelete